School Rules and Regulations
Congratulations and welcome to the Jung SuWon Martial Art Academy. In order to provide the highest quality standard of instruction, we ask that the following rules and regulations be upheld for your safety and the safety of others. Purposely breaking any of the rules and regulations will be grounds for dismissal.
- The founder, Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim, shall always be addressed as Great Grandmaster or Ma’am in a polite and mannerly fashion.
- Respect for instructors and fellow students must be maintained in all environments; on and off the floor, at home, in school, at work, on the Internet and through all forms of communication, including written, verbal, text message, web log, blog, and any new form of communication that technology may permit us in the future.
- Instructors will be addressed according to their rank: Grandmaster, Master, Instructor, Mr./Ms. or Sir/Ma’am.
- Upon entering and leaving the training floor, students will salute the Jung SuWon flags and “attention bow” to Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim.
- Fingernails and toenails must be kept short for safety reasons.
- Uniforms and headbands must be clean and well maintained.
- Shoes (except approved Martial Art shoes) are to be removed before walking onto the training floor.
- Jewelry is not to be worn during class time for safety reasons.
- For your safety and others’ safety, you will not teach the art to anyone until you reach Black Belt or above, and only with the permission and guidance of Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim.
- The only time you may use the art outside of Jung SuWon class training is when your life, a loved one’s life, or a friend’s life is in danger.
- If you are sick, coughing, have a sore throat, runny nose, or body aches, please respect the health of the instructors and other students, see a health care professional, and stay home and rest.
- If you are going to be away from class for an extended period of time, please communicate and let us know.
- No refunds or extensions will be given for time missed.
- No smoking, drugs, or alcoholic beverages are permitted on the premises.
- Foul language or disorderly conduct is prohibited.
- No fire arms or lethal weapons are permitted on the premises.
- In order to preserve Jung SuWon’s family environment, public displays of affection between unmarried couples are not allowed.
- Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim and the instructors reserve the right to suspend or terminate any student for behavior not in keeping with the above rules, regulations and standards of Jung SuWon.
All students are required to have a complete understanding of these rules and regulations.