Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim is truly awesome! Whenever she comes to Jung Suwon, there is always something new and exciting happening. Sometimes Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim even treats us to a special weekend class!
Last night, in the Jung Suwon DoJang, exciting things happened. The entire class was invigorating and exhilarating. Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim prepared us well, with stretching and kicking exercises, and even had us learn to be more focused through throwing and catching tennis balls!
Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim taught us, that there are 5 categories of people.
1. Germ section, people that are just plain nasty and like to destroy, just like germs.
2. Mineral section, people that you have to tell what to do every step of the way, otherwise they just sit there and wait, no initiative.
3. Vegetable section, people that do only one thing. They do it well, but do only one thing, like a tomato plant will only produce tomatoes.
4. Animals section, they do a lot of things, but they lack the purpose and focus in whatever they do. They just do!
5. Real people: they create, work and do it all with purpose and determination, they know who they are and what they are meant to do!
And towards the end of class, Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim rewarded us with a very special treat, to illustrate what she had just taught us. See what is happening here:
In the Jung Suwon DoJang, Nabi gets ready for a most unusual technique:
Successful “reverse head break!”
Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim showed us that when you are in an impossible situation, any body part can be used for offense and defense!
And to show that nothing is impossible, Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim had us take board breaking to it’s limits. See Master Palmer do what I call “the splinter break!”
HE CAN DO, SHE CAN DO, WHY NOT ME!